Jump to Main Content
- Ferraz, Mariana Aliceda, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.136 pp. 38-49
- coasts; genetic markers; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; reefs; sediments; sewage; sterols; water pollution; Cuba
- ... Organic contamination is a major environmental concern in coastal regions, and it can be evaluated by the determination of aliphatic hydrocarbons (AHs), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), faecal sterols and linear alkylbenzenes (LABs). The concentrations of these organic markers were obtained from nine surface sediment samples to evaluate a possible contamination near a fringing reef on the ...
- Ferraz, Mariana Aliceda, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2017 v.36 no.7 pp. 1820-1832
- EDTA (chelating agent); Echinoidea; aeration; ammonia; arsenic; bioassays; chemical analysis; coasts; effluents; hydrophobicity; metals; non-polar compounds; pH; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediments; sewage; solid phase extraction; sulfides; surfactants; toxicity; Brazil
- ... Domestic sewage is a major problem in highly urbanized coastal areas worldwide. In the present study, toxicity identification evaluation (TIE) phases I and II were applied to sediment interstitial water from 2 locations along the São Paulo coast in southeastern Brazil: the sewage outfalls from the city of Santos, a densely urbanized area, and the city of Bertioga, a less urbanized area. An adapted ...