Jump to Main Content
- Ferreira, Marilyn, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aquaculture 2018 v.495 pp. 68-77
- Pseudocaranx dentex; arachidonic acid; breeding stock; captive animals; concrete; diet; egg quality; eicosapentaenoic acid; energy; fatty acid composition; females; fish eggs; glycolipids; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; hatching; larvae; marine fish; monounsaturated fatty acids; phospholipids; photoperiod; spawning; triacylglycerols; viability; water temperature
- ... The white trevally (Pseudocaranx dentex Bloch & Schneider, 1801) is a widely distributed carangid, commercially exploited in both the Pacific and eastern Atlantic. Most published works refer to the use of hormonal induction with gonadotropin-releasing hormone for egg supply with generally low fecundities and of poor quality. This study aimed to contribute for a better knowledge on the husbandry co ...
- Ferreira, Marilyn P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2011 v.407 no.2 pp. 377-381
- Pagrus pagrus; Rotifera; diet; energy; freeze drying; hatching; larvae; mouth; swimming
- ... The feeding performance and behavior at the onset of exogenous feeding, 3 to 4days after hatching (DAH), were studied in red porgy Pagrus pagrus larvae. Similar feeding efficiency and intensity were achieved for two feeding treatments (live or freeze-dried rotifers) suggesting that prey movement is not decisive for their detection and capture and demonstrating that at first feeding red porgy larva ...