Jump to Main Content
- Ferrer-Valero, Nicolás
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 217-229
- coasts; ecology; entropy; islands; landscapes; mountains; probability; taxonomy; Canary Islands
- ... Geodiversity can be defined as the spatial variability of geo-elements. Its emergence as a research field is relatively recent, with a wide range of approaches and methods of evaluation and quantification already in use. The work described in this paper was carried out from a novel perspective. Firstly, the emphasis is specifically centred on geomorphological diversity. Secondly, mathematical ecol ...
- Ferrer-Valero, Nicolás, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Geomorphology 2017
- anthropogenic activities; beaches; capital; coasts; dunes; humans; socioeconomics; tourism; wetlands; Canary Islands
- ... The coastal areas of the Canary Islands are particularly sensitive to changes, both from a natural perspective and for their potential socio-economic implications. In this paper, the state of conservation of an insular coast is approached from a geomorphological point of view, considering recent changes induced by urban and tourism development. The analysis is applied to the coast of Gran Canaria, ...