Jump to Main Content
- Ferro, Ana Caroline, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food research international 2019 v.120 pp. 610-619
- Helianthus annuus; coconut oil; crystals; foods; liquids; monounsaturated fatty acids; nutritive value; organogels; physicochemical properties; solvents; structured lipids; sunflower oil; trans fatty acids
- ... The high consumption of saturated and trans fats, used in the formulation of lipid-based foods, is associated with incidence of health problems. Organogels or oleogels are a novel class of structured lipids formed from liquid oil as continuous phase entrapped within network of structuring molecules. The aim of this study was to understand the role of oils with different composition on the formatio ...
- Ferro, Ana Caroline, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.172 pp. 99-104
- biodegradability; curcumin; detection limit; dyes; guidelines; nanocapsules; nanoparticles; polylactic acid; quantitative analysis; turmeric; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; water solubility
- ... Curcumin is a natural yellow-orange pigment extracted from turmeric and is a potential substitute of health-dangerous artificial dyes. Nanoencapsulation in biodegradable polymers is a promising alternative to improve curcumin stability and water solubility but curcumin concentration inside the nanoparticles must be precisely known. A reliable method to determine the actual curcumin concentration m ...