Jump to Main Content
- Fex Svenningsen, Åsa, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Cellular and molecular life sciences 2017 v.74 no.24 pp. 4561-4572
- astrocytes; cell growth; central nervous system; extracellular matrix; growth factors; macrophage migration inhibitory factors; neoplasms; neurodegenerative diseases; proteolysis; receptors; serine proteinases
- ... Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF), a small conserved protein, is abundant in the immune- and central nervous system (CNS). MIF has several receptors and binding partners that can modulate its action on a cellular level. It is upregulated in neurodegenerative diseases and cancer although its function is far from clear. Here, we report the finding of a new binding partner to MIF, the seri ...
- PubMed Central:
- Fex-Svenningsen, Asa, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Science 2005 v.310 no.5755 pp. 1813-1817
- glycoproteins; mice; myelin sheath; nerve tissue; neurites; oligodendroglia; proteomics; rats; spinal cord
- ... Nodes of Ranvier are regularly placed, nonmyelinated axon segments along myelinated nerves. Here we show that nodal membranes isolated from the central nervous system (CNS) of mammals restricted neurite outgrowth of cultured neurons. Proteomic analysis of these membranes revealed several inhibitors of neurite outgrowth, including the oligodendrocyte myelin glycoprotein (OMgp). In rat spinal cord, ...