Jump to Main Content
- Fiamma, Maura, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2018
- Enterococcus faecium; cross infection; genes; genetic relationships; genotype; glycopeptides; hospitals; monitoring; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; phenotype; plasmids; sequence analysis; transposons; vancomycin; virulence; Vietnam
- ... Enterococcus faecium has become a globally disseminated nosocomial pathogen principally as the consequence of acquisition and diffusion of virulence factors and multidrug resistance determinants, including glycopeptides, one of the last resort antimicrobials used to treat more serious infections that usually occur in high-risk patients.In this study we investigated and molecular characterized Hosp ...
- Fiamma, Maura, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2017 v.152 pp. 385-392
- Cymbopogon citratus; antimicrobial properties; biocompatibility; chitosan; colloids; cytotoxicity; droplets; drugs; emulsifying; energy; essential oils; fungi; nanoemulsions; oils; oleic acid; zeta potential
- ... Amphiphilic chitosans have been recently proposed to improve delivery of poorly soluble drugs. In the present paper a derivative obtained by ionic interaction between chitosan and oleic acid was for the first time studied to physically stabilize o/w nanoemulsions of an antimicrobial essential oil, Cymbopogon citratus (Lemongrass), in a low energy and mild conditions emulsification process.The nove ...