Jump to Main Content
- Field, I.C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Regional studies in marine science 2016 v.3 pp. 58-66
- Carcharhinus; Negaprion; acoustics; adults; conservation areas; females; juveniles; reproductive behavior; sharks; solar radiation; summer; Western Australia
- ... Marine protected areas (MPA) are one management tool that can potentially reduce declining shark populations. Protected-area design should be based on detailed movements of target animals; however, such data are lacking for most species. To address this, 25 sharks from three species were tagged with acoustic transmitters and monitored with a network of 103 receivers to determine the use of a prote ...
- Field, I.C., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2008 v.105 no.33 pp. 11634-11639
- Mirounga leonina; carbon cycle; climate change; ice; latitude; models; salinity; seals; winter; Polar Regions
- ... Polar regions are particularly sensitive to climate change, with the potential for significant feedbacks between ocean circulation, sea ice, and the ocean carbon cycle. However, the difficulty in obtaining in situ data means that our ability to detect and interpret change is very limited, especially in the Southern Ocean, where the ocean beneath the sea ice remains almost entirely unobserved and t ...
- PubMed Central: