Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: neuza?
- Figueiredo, Neusa L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 60-67
- Bacillus megaterium; Serratia marcescens; Vibrio fluvialis; bacteria; estuaries; mercuric chloride; mercury; methylation; methylmercury compounds; minimum inhibitory concentration; pollution; ribosomal RNA; sediments; toxicity; volatilization; Portugal
- ... Aerobic mercury-resistant bacteria were isolated from the sediments of two highly mercury-polluted areas of the Tagus Estuary (Barreiro and Cala do Norte) and one natural reserve area (Alcochete) in order to test their capacity to transform mercury. Bacterial species were identified using 16S rRNA amplification and sequencing techniques and the results indicate the prevalence of Bacillus sp. Resis ...
- Figueiredo, Neusa L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2010 v.119 no.2 pp. 664-668
- Plectranthus barbatus; Plectranthus; leaves; plant extracts; enzyme inhibition; glycogen (starch) synthase; enzyme activity; biofilm; microbial growth; Streptococcus sobrinus; Streptococcus mutans; medicinal plants; antibacterial properties; rosmarinic acid; chemical concentration; viability
- ... Aqueous extracts of Plectranthus barbatus and Plectranthus ecklonii are traditionally used as anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal agents. The effect of these extracts and of its main component, rosmarinic acid, on the viability of the cariogenic bacteria, Streptococcus sobrinus and Streptococcus mutans, was determined by MIC and MBC. The influence of these extracts on the biofilm formation as well a ...