Jump to Main Content
- Filho, Adelsom Soares, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Land use policy 2019 v.81 pp. 49-57
- biodiversity; carbon sequestration; cerrado; corn; crops; decision making; economic valuation; ecosystem services; ecosystems; equations; income; land use change; laws and regulations; opportunity costs; soybeans; Brazil
- ... Brazil is widely recognized as a world leader in agricultural production. In order to achieve this status, several agricultural frontiers were sculpted throughout the decades. This was associated to land use change, mainly the substitution of natural vegetation for agricultural crops such as soybean and corn. On the other hand, conservation units were included in the national Brazilian proposal to ...
- Filho, Adelsom Soares, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 442-448
- beef cattle; carbon dioxide; cattle production; climate change; ecosystems; food production; genetic resources; grasses; grazing systems; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; management systems; pastures; pollination; production technology; slaughter weight; stocking rate; water conservation; water resources; Brazil
- ... Discussions about climate change have repeatedly regarded livestock as responsible for a significant contribution of greenhouse gas emissions. However, proper management schemes for livestock production may contribute to a reduction in emissions and, at the same time, induce optimization of production systems and intensification of food production. In addition, it contributes to the preservation o ...