Jump to Main Content
- Fink, Dorte R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2013 v.191 no.1-2 pp. 187-190
- Ascaridia galli; antibodies; chicken eggs; chickens; eggs; excretion; feces; flocks; haplotypes; helminths; humoral immunity; immunoglobulin G; inbred lines; major histocompatibility complex; poultry production; production technology
- ... Increasingly large numbers of poultry are held in production systems with access to outdoor areas. In these systems intestinal helminths are found with flock prevalences of up to 100%. Helminth infections influence chicken health negatively, which is why the following investigation has been performed.In the present experiment, 20 chickens of two inbred chicken lines containing the major histocompa ...
- Fink, Dorte R., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Avian pathology 2013 v.42 no.3 pp. 276-282
- Ascaridia galli; T-lymphocytes; antigens; cell-mediated immunity; chickens; cholera toxin; cytokines; diverticulum; farmers; immune response; immunization; parasites; splenocytes; tonsils; vaccines
- ... In chickens, the nematode Ascaridia galli is found with prevalences of up to 100% causing economic losses to farmers. No avian nematode vaccines have yet been developed and detailed knowledge about the chicken immune response towards A. galli is therefore of great importance. The objective of this study was to evaluate the induction of protective immune responses to A. galli soluble antigen by dif ...