Jump to Main Content
- Finkelstein, Yacov, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2019 v.54 no.11 pp. 8665-8674
- alloys; aluminum; desorption; hydrogen; magnesium; mass spectrometry; melting; metallurgy; models; porosity; pressing; silicon; tantalum; thermal expansion; titanium
- ... Dilatation measurements, combined with thermal programmed desorption mass spectrometry (TPD-MS), were utilized for studying thermally induced porosity (TIP) in selective laser melting additively manufactured (AM) AlSi10Mg and Ta30at.%–Ti samples produced by hot isostatic pressing (HIP). A clear abrupt upward deviation in thermal expansion is observed, most probably indicating the occurrence of TIP ...
- Finkelstein, Yacov, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Forensic science international 2019 v.294 pp. 204-210
- evaporation; quartz crystal microbalance; sebum; spectroscopy; water content
- ... The literature view regarding the composition of deposited fingermarks has long been that the average water content is in the range of 98–99wt.%. This value has recently been challenged by Kent, claiming that it should be 20wt.% at most. Herein we have measured the weight percentage of water content in freshly-deposited fingermarks, with and without hand pre-washing. Two complementary techniques w ...