Jump to Main Content
- Fleeger, J.W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2018 v.502 pp. 182-190
- Amphipoda; Bivalvia; Copepoda; Gastropoda; Nematoda; Polychaeta; Spartina alterniflora; belowground biomass; correlation; fauna; hydrocarbons; juveniles; oil spills; oils; petroleum; planting; rhizomes; roots; salt marshes; sediments; toxicity; vegetation; Louisiana
- ... We examined the recovery of infauna from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in reference, moderately and heavily oiled Louisiana, USA salt marshes. Although density and diversity were severely impacted by the spill initially, total meiofauna, nematodes, copepods, and annelids, excluding the polychaete Manayunkia aestuarina, recovered in about 3years in near synchrony with Spartina alterniflora s ...
- Fleeger, J.W., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 1996 v.15 no.9 pp. 1508-1516
- water pollution; weight; sediments; reproduction; phenanthrenes; Tubificidae; environmental exposure; duration; mortality; toxicity; adverse effects; behavior
- ... Acute and sublethal toxicities of sediment-spiked pyrene and phenanthrene to Limnodrilus hoffmeisteri Cleparede were investigated. Phenanthrene was acutely toxic at high sediment concentrations (10-d median lethal concentration of 297.5 microgram g-1; 252.2-348.3, 95% confidence interval [CI]). Pyrene was not acutely toxic, even at concentrations as high as 841 microgram g-1. A significant impact ...