Jump to Main Content
- Fletcher, Reginald S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of coastal research 2009 v.25 no.2 pp. 500-506
- aquatic plants; remote sensing; aerial photography; estuaries; image analysis; automation; Texas
- ... In support of the Texas Seagrass Monitoring Program, remote sensing research is underway to evaluate automated methods for monitoring landscape changes in seagrass beds related to human and/or natural disturbances. This paper discusses the integration of high resolution aerial color film photography, color space transformation, pixel threshold models, and geographic information system technology t ...
- Fletcher, Reginald S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Irrigation and drainage 2010 v.59 no.5 pp. 524-534
- irrigation canals; irrigation water; image analysis; irrigation systems; multispectral imagery; seepage; surveys; valleys; flight; remote sensing; altitude; aircraft; Texas
- ... Traditional field survey methods for detection of water leaks in irrigation canal systems are costly and time‐ consuming. In this study, a rapid, cost‐effective method was developed for identifying irrigation canal locations likely to have leaks and/or seepage. The method involves the use of a multispectral imager equipped with red, near infrared, and thermal sensors which is mounted on an aircraf ...