Jump to Main Content
- Flook, P.K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Insect molecular biology 1998 v.7 no.2 pp. 163-178
- Orthoptera; ribosomal RNA; ribosomal DNA; nucleotide sequences; genetic variation; phylogeny; sequence homology
- ... We determined DNA sequences of SSU rRNA genes in twenty-nine polyneopteran insect species and aligned these with homologues from eight other insects. In a phylogenetic analysis we recovered the classic divisions of Palaeoptera and Neoptera, with the latter divided into monophyletic Paraneoptera and Polyneoptera. The polyneopterans divided into three lineages: one includes the Grylloblattodea, Derm ...
- Flook, P.K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Medical and veterinary entomology 1998 v.12 no.3 pp. 267-275
- Simulium damnosum; geographical distribution; rivers; disease vectors; onchocerciasis; vector control; breeding sites; Equatorial Guinea
- ... Onchocerciasis is endemic on the island of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea, where it is transmitted by the 'Bioko form' of the Simulium damnosum complex, a cytospecies unique to the island. To determine the distribution of vector breeding, three dry season and two wet season expeditions were made in 1989, 1996 and 1997, and 226 of the island's 247 rivers (91.5%) were visited. Of these 226 rivers, 130 (58 ...