Jump to Main Content
- Foley, Jennifer E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of phycology 2017 v.53 no.1 pp. 188-197
- Leptolyngbya; Malacostraca; aquatic animals; chemical composition; granules; mortality; new genus; niches; phenotypic plasticity; phylogeny; plankton; rearing; scanning electron microscopy; thylakoids; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Cyanobacteria occupy many niches within terrestrial, planktonic, and benthic habitats. The diversity of habitats colonized, similarity of morphology, and phenotypic plasticity all contribute to the difficulty of cyanobacterial identification. An unknown marine filamentous cyanobacterium was isolated from an aquatic animal rearing facility having mysid mortality events. The cyanobacterium originate ...
- Foley, Jennifer, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.2
- C-reactive protein; altitude; blood serum; children; ferritin; folic acid; glycoproteins; hemoglobin; iron; iron deficiency anemia; nationalities and ethnic groups; nutrient deficiencies; nutritional intervention; retinol-binding protein; transferrin receptors; vitamin A; vitamin B12; women; zinc; Democratic Republic of the Congo
- ... Little is known about the micronutrient status of women and children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which is critical for the design of effective nutrition interventions. We recruited 744 mother-child pairs from South Kivu (SK) and Kongo Central (KC). We determined hemoglobin (Hb), serum zinc, vitamin B12, folate, ferritin, soluble transferrin receptor (sTfR), retinol binding protein (RB ...