Jump to Main Content
- Fonseca, Fabiana V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.7 pp. 6329-6338
- estradiol; estriol; experimental design; hydrogen peroxide; municipal wastewater; organic compounds; oxidation; pollutants; reverse osmosis; sewage; synthetic hormones
- ... The presence of micropollutants in sewage is already widely known, as well as the effects caused by natural and synthetic hormones. Thus, it is necessary to apply treatments to remove them from water systems, such as advanced oxidation processes (AOPs) and membrane separation processes, which can oxidize and remove high concentrations of organic compounds. This work investigated the removal of 17β ...
- da Fonseca, Fabiana V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2014 v.49 no.14 pp. 1718-1726
- chemical oxygen demand; coagulation; environmental health; flocculation; iron; landfill leachates; mixing; oxidation; pH
- ... This work investigated the effectiveness of a physicochemical and oxidative process for the removal of chemical oxygen demand (COD) from stabilized landfill leachates. The application of these technologies for landfill leachate treatment greatly depends on the optimal operating conditions for a specific leachate. Coagulation-flocculation followed by H ₂O ₂, Fenton and photo-Fenton processes was ev ...