Jump to Main Content
- Fontana, Joseph R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Developmental biology 2012 v.372 no.1 pp. 131-142
- Drosophila; feeding behavior; flow cytometry; gene expression; genes; in situ hybridization; interneurons; locomotion; motor neurons; neuropeptide receptors; neuropeptides; neurophysiology; neurotransmitters; peristalsis; transcription factors; transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... One of the key aspects of neuronal differentiation is the array of neurotransmitters and neurotransmitter receptors that each neuron possesses. One important goal of developmental neuroscience is to understand how these differentiated properties are established during development. In this paper, we use fluorescence activated cell sorting and RNA-seq to determine the transcriptome of the Drosophila ...
- PubMed Central:
- Fontana, Joseph R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 2006 v.61 no.6 pp. 917-932
- Arabidopsis; Populus; apical meristems; cambium; cell adhesion; cell differentiation; cell walls; extracellular matrix; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; homeotic genes; internodes; leaves; lignin; mechanism of action; microarray technology; phenotype; proteins; secondary phloem; shoots; xylem
- ... Secondary growth is supported by a dividing population of meristematic cells within the vascular cambium whose daughter cells are recruited to differentiate within secondary phloem and xylem tissues. We cloned a Populus Class 1 KNOX homeobox gene, ARBORKNOX1 (ARK1), which is orthologous to Arabidopsis SHOOT MERISTEMLESS (STM). ARK1 is expressed in the shoot apical meristem (SAM) and the vascular c ...