Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Fontanals, Marta, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Quaternary international 2016 v.414 pp. 236-243
- animals; fauna; feces; topographic slope; Spain
- ... The archaeological site of El Mirador is located in the southern slope of the Sierra de Atapuerca. The work developed at the site is providing a substantial set of data from the Upper Palaeolithic and Early Neolithic to the Middle Bronze Age. Throughout at least about 4000 years of occupation, the cave was used for various activities, among which, burial, habitation and animal stalling. The practi ...
- Fontanals, Marta, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Quaternary international 2012 v.247 pp. 313-324
- combustion; humans; Iberian Peninsula
- ... The human use of fire generates a cultural sedimentary record that can be used to characterize prehistoric activity areas. The aim of this paper is to develop a field guide for recognizing and describing combustion structures. The use of fire as suggested by the results of ethnoarchaeological and prehistoric archaeological studies has served as the foundation for the analytical design of the field ...