Jump to Main Content
- Fontenelle, Fabiana Ribeiro, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.248 pp. 339-348
- Crassostrea brasiliana; anthropogenic activities; bioavailability; conservation areas; environmental quality; estuaries; forests; hydrophobicity; industrialization; persistent organic pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediments; surveys
- ... An evaluation of the concentrations, bioavailability and sources of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and persistent organic pollutants (POPs) was performed in the industrialized estuary of Santos-São Vicente and in the Cananéia-Iguape estuarine lagoon system, considered an Atlantic forest biosphere reserve, using different approaches. Semipermeable membrane devices (SPMDs) and bivalves (Cra ...
- Fontenelle, Fabiana Ribeiro, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.223 pp. 608-615
- United States Environmental Protection Agency; aquatic organisms; coastal water; coasts; human health; isomers; marine environment; microplastics; monitoring; pellets; pollution; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; risk; risk assessment; sediments; Brazil
- ... Microplastics are important vectors for the transport and accumulation of persistent organic contaminants in coastal and marine environments. We determined the concentration of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) associated with microplastic pellets collected along a 39-km stretch of Brazil's South Atlantic coastline to understand the spatial dynamics and p ...