Jump to Main Content
- Fornarelli, F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2017 v.140 pp. 281-294
- air; ash content; biomass; carbon; carbon monoxide; combustion; computer software; drying; fuels; gasification; heat; hydrogen; internal temperature; models; power generation; pyrolysis; synthesis gas; water content; Netherlands
- ... This paper describes a thermodynamic model of a fixed bed downdraft gasifier, based on the Cycle-Tempo software (TU Delft, the Netherlands), used to convert a solid biomass into a syngas, which can be more efficiently burned, with respect to its direct combustion for heat and power generation, and much more easily carried, where needed. The gasification process is supposed to occur at ambient pres ...
- Fornarelli, F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 711-722
- equations; geometry; gravity; heat transfer; melting; power plants; solar energy; steel; temperature profiles
- ... A latent heat storage system for concentrated solar plants (CSP) is numerically examined by means of CFD simulations. This study aims at identifying the convective flows produced within the melted phase by temperature gradients and gravity. Simulations were carried out on experimental devices for applications to high temperature concentrated solar power plants. A shell-and-tube geometry composed b ...