Jump to Main Content
- Fox, Carolyn M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2017 v.130 no.7 pp. 1335-1348
- Aphis glycines; DNA; Glycine max; antibiosis; biotypes; cultivars; dominant genes; genetic resistance; inheritance (genetics); insect pests; introduced plants; pest resistance; soybeans; United States
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Five soybean plant introductions expressed antibiosis resistance to multiple soybean aphid biotypes. Two introductions had resistance genes located in the Rag1, Rag2, and Rag3 regions; one introduction had resistance genes located in the Rag1, Rag2, and rag4 regions; one introduction had resistance genes located in the Rag1 and Rag2 regions; and one introduction had a resistance gene ...
- Fox, Carolyn M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 no.1 pp. 43
- Aphis glycines; Glycine max; Hemiptera; Mendelian inheritance; USDA; dominant genes; genetic markers; germplasm conservation; greenhouse experimentation; insect pests; introduced plants; loci; soybeans; Canada; United States
- ... The soybean aphid [Aphis glycines Matsumura (Hemiptera: Aphididae)] is one of the most important insect pests of soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr] in the northern USA and southern Canada, and four resistance loci (Rag1– rag4) have been discovered since the pest was identified in the USA in 2000. The objective of this research was to determine whether resistance expression in recently identified soyb ...