Jump to Main Content
- Franchi Scarselli, Eleonora, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Renewable energy 2017 v.105 pp. 702-711
- altitude; electronics; models; power plants; renewable energy sources
- ... This paper investigates the effect of tracking errors in heliostats used in solar tower power plants and proposes an approach based on low-cost distributed electronics capable of limiting their impact. An analysis carried out through a parallel model sets the specifications for design of a closed-loop solar tracker based on a low-cost six-axis digital e-compass. A proof of concept system is devise ...
- Franchi Scarselli, Eleonora, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Renewable energy 2013 v.55 pp. 241-251
- algorithms; models; solar collectors; solar energy
- ... This work deals with parallel algorithms for the optical design and analysis of solar fields for Central Receiver Systems. The proposed implementation based on desktop workstations equipped with multiple Graphics Processing Units (GPU) is motivated by the need to have an accurate and fast simulation environment for studying mirror imperfection and non-planar geometries. Since heliostat field layou ...