Jump to Main Content
- Anselmo-Franci, J.A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2019 v.194 pp. 6-13
- acne; adults; animal models; anovulation; corpus luteum; domestic animals; estradiol; females; humans; hyperandrogenism; laboratory animals; luteinizing hormone; obesity; ovarian follicles; polycystic ovary syndrome; rats; women
- ... Follicular cystic ovary disease is a common reproductive disorder in women and females of domestic animals, characterized by anovulation and the persistence of follicle is a common cause of reproductive failure in mammalian. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is characterized by hyperandrogenism (HA), chronic anovulation and polycystic ovaries, and it is a common reproductive endocrine disease with ...
- Francis, J.A.
- Acta horticulturae 2010 no.879 pp. 681-693
- Musa; agricultural industry; bananas; case studies; economic performance; farmers; food security; horticulture; issues and policy; research institutions; researchers; rural development; universities; Caribbean
- ... In 2003/4, the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) began a process of competence building targeting the 79 member countries of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States to enhance the participation of researchers in agricultural science, technology and innovation (ASTI) policy processes. The assumptions were that (a) little innovation was occurring in the a ...
- Francis, J.A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Phytochemical analysis 2005 v.16 no.3 pp. 175-180
- Amelanchier alnifolia; Amelanchier arborea; Amelanchier canadensis; fruits (plant anatomy); plant extracts; phytochemicals; anthocyanins; prostaglandin synthase; enzyme inhibition; lipid peroxidation; antioxidant activity; chemical analysis; quantitative analysis; high performance liquid chromatography; spectral analysis; chemical structure; plant biochemistry; Michigan
- ... The levels of bioactive anthocyanins in the fruits of Amelanchier alnifolia, A. arborea and A. canadensis have been determined by HPLC. Cyanidin 3-galactoside (1) was present in the fresh fruit of the three species at concentrations of 155, 390 and 165 mg/100 g, respectively. Cyanidin 3-glucoside (2) was present only in A. alnifolia and A. canadensis at concentrations of 54 and 48 mg/100 g, respec ...