Jump to Main Content
- Fratamico, P. M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of Applied Microbiology 2017 v.122 no.3 pp. 809-816
- Salmonella Typhimurium; Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; USDA; bacterial contamination; food contamination; ground beef; pathogens; rapid methods; screening
- ... Aims: To evaluate the performance of the IQ-Check kits and the USDA Microbiology Laboratory Guidebook (MLG) methods for detection of the top seven Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) (O157:H7, O26, O45, O103, O111, O121 and O145) in ground beef and both STEC and Salmonella in co-inoculated samples. Methods and Results: Ground beef samples inoculated with ~10 CFU of STEC or both STEC and ...
- Fratamico, P. M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Austin Immunology 2016 v.1 no.2 pp. 1007
- Shiga toxin; agar; culture media; detection limit; diagnostic sensitivity; digestive system diseases; enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fresh produce; humans; reproducibility; virulence
- ... Shiga Toxin (Stx) is one of the major virulence factors produced by Shiga Toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) that cause severe human intestinal diseases. Although a few commercial assays for Stxs are available, they only detect a subset of Stxs. In this study, two new immunoassays, Abraxis Stx1 and Stx2, were evaluated and compared with the widely used Premier EHEC kit using the same set of standards ...