Jump to Main Content
- Fridman, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2010 v.109 no.6 pp. 2039-2048
- bacteria; energy; oxidative stress; viability
- ... Aims: Dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) plasma is used for sterilization of contaminated inanimate surfaces but seldomly optimized and depends upon the type of organisms and the plasma treatment duration, (net energy deposited) this efficacy varies. The proposed study was designed to see biological responses of one of the robust organism, Bacillus stratosphericus. Methods and Results: DBD plasma ...
- Fridman, A, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- alkaline phosphatase; blood serum; case-control studies; creatinine; diabetes; elderly; females; hypoglycemia; insulin; logit analysis; medicine; men; mortality; patients; risk factors; sepsis (infection); serum albumin; sulfonylureas; women
- ... Background: Hypoglycemia during hospitalization occurs in patients with and without diabetes. The aims of this study were to determine the incidence, associated risk factors, and short- and long-term outcome of hypoglycemia among hospitalized elderly patients. Methods: This is a case-control study conducted at geriatric and medicine departments. All patients 70 years or older with documented hypog ...