Jump to Main Content
- Friesen, D.K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Soil research 1988 v.26 no.2 pp. 355-366
- mineralization; crop production; labeling techniques; plant nutrition; soil organic matter; crop residues; radiometry; organophosphorus compounds; crops
- Friesen, D.K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 1999 v.55 no.1 pp. 77-88
- soil depth; seasonal variation; phosphorus; grasslands; application rate; biogeochemical cycles; pastures; Oxisols; soil microorganisms; savannas; soil fertility; range management; sorption; Urochloa decumbens; microbial activity; plant litter; acid soils; nutrient availability; Pueraria phaseoloides; phosphorus fertilizers; savanna soils; Colombia
- ... On acid low-phosphorus (P) Colombian Oxisols, improved pastures with acid-soil-tolerant grass and legume varieties have increased beef production by a factor of 10 to 15 with only modest P fertilizer inputs. This indicates that the efficiency of P fertilization could be greater than is commonly expected on such strongly P-sorbing soils. To understand the effect of improved pastures on P cycling an ...