Jump to Main Content
- Frigge, Robert, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.72 pp. 10152-10155
- carbon monoxide; chemical reactions; free radicals; gases; hydrogen; ionizing radiation; isomers; mass spectrometry; phosphine; phosphorus
- ... The formylphosphine (HCOPH₂) molecule was detected in the gas phase via isomer selective photoionization reflectron time-of-flight mass spectrometry (PI-ReTOF-MS). Synthesized in carbon monoxide (CO)–phosphine ices (PH₃) exposed to ionizing radiation, the formation mechanism involves an initial phosphorus–hydrogen bond rupture in phosphine yielding the phosphino radical (PH₂) along with atomic hyd ...
- Frigge, Robert, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.45 pp. 5716-5719
- carbonic acid; chemical reactions; formic acid; gases; hydrides; moieties; nitrogen; phosphorus
- ... The hitherto elusive phosphino formic acid molecule (H₂PCOOH) was detected for the first time in the gas phase. Theoretical calculations revealed an unexpected kinetic stability of H₂PCOOH compared to the isovalent carbamic acid (H₂NCOOH) although the replacement of a single nitrogen atom by phosphorus decreases the bond order from a partial double (–CN–) to a single (–C–P–) bond. This work provi ...