Jump to Main Content
- Fritzen, Juliana Torres Tomazi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2018 v.50 no.8 pp. 1947-1950
- 5' untranslated regions; Bovine viral diarrhea virus; Bubalus bubalis; acute course; antibodies; blood serum; buffaloes; cattle; disease control; farms; herds; infectious diseases; neutralization tests; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; serological surveys; subgenotype; Brazil
- ... Serological studies have characterized the presence of the bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) infection in water buffalo herds worldwide. However, the molecular characterization of BVDV strains circulating in this animal species is uncommon. The aim of this study was to identify young water buffalo with acute infection and characterize the subgenotype of the infecting wild-type BVDV strain. Two da ...
- Fritzen, Juliana Torres Tomazi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine 2018 v.49 no.3 pp. 535-541
- Carnivore protoparvovirus 1; Nasua nasua; Neorickettsia helminthoeca; Trematoda; antigens; enteritis; histopathology; hosts; immunohistochemistry; intestinal mucosa; kidneys; liver; lungs; macrophages; ova; pathogens; pneumonia; small intestine; spleen; Brazil
- ... The pathologic, molecular, and immunohistochemical findings associated with Neorickettsia helminthoeca are described in coatis (Nasua nasua). Tissue sections (small intestine, lungs, kidney, liver, and spleen) of coatis (n = 3) that died at the Bela Vista Biological Refuge, Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, southern Brazil were routinely processed from histopathology. Selected formalin-fixed paraffin-embedde ...
- Fritzen, Juliana Torres Tomazi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Canine distemper virus; DNA; Feline panleukopenia virus; Toxoplasma gondii; astrocytes; atrophy; blindness; bronchitis; canine distemper; capsid; cerebellum; cerebrum; chronic hepatitis; cornea; death; edema; enteritis; epithelial cells; genes; genotyping; hepatocytes; histopathology; inclusion bodies; infectious canine hepatitis; lungs; mixed infection; myocarditis; myocardium; necropsy; necrosis; pneumonia; polymerase chain reaction; puppies; seizures; seroprevalence; siblings; toxoplasmosis; urine; villi
- ... The concomitant infections of Canine distemper virus (CDV), Canine adenovirus A types 1 (CAdV-1) and 2 (CAdV-2), Canine parvovirus type 2 (CPV-2), and Toxoplasma gondii are described in a 43-day-old mixed-breed puppy. Clinically, there were convulsions and blindness with spontaneous death; 14 siblings of this puppy, born to a 10-month-old dam, which was seropositive (titer: 1,024) for T. gondii, a ...