Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Yiyang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.98 pp. 712-722
- acidification; aluminum; atmospheric deposition; base saturation; cations; chemical bases; environmental indicators; grasslands; linear models; monitoring; oil sands; oils; pH; regression analysis; sandy soils; soil acidification; Alberta
- ... Long-term soil acidification monitoring was initiated in 1981 to track potential effects of acidic atmospheric deposition on soils in Alberta, Canada. Six of eight long-term sampling sites were located in forest ecosystems on sandy soils in northern and central Alberta, and two were situated in grasslands on sandy and fine-loamy soils in southern Alberta. Sampling was undertaken every four or five ...
- Fu, Yiyang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2017 v.9 no.38 pp. 33100-33106
- coatings; cold; energy efficiency; heat; heaters; hydrogels; hydrophobicity; opacity; phase transition; separation; temperature; transmittance; wavelengths
- ... In a cold night, a clear window that will become opaque while retaining the indoor heat is highly desirable for both privacy and energy efficiency. A thermally responsive material that controls both the transmittance of solar radiance (predominantly in the visible and near-infrared wavelengths) and blackbody radiation (mainly in the mid-infrared) can realize such windows with minimal energy consum ...