Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Zhilei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2019 v.127 no.3 pp. 309-317
- Galactomyces; Lactobacillus; Pantoea; Pichia; Saccharomycopsis; Weissella; alcohols; aldehydes; alkanes; alkenes; bacteria; enzymes; esters; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; microbial communities; physicochemical properties; volatile compounds; yeasts
- ... Daqu, a complex starting material used for Baijiu production, contains microorganisms, enzymes, and volatile compounds. An important part of Daqu production is aging, but the physicochemical and microbial changes during aging remain largely unknown. This study characterized aging according to physicochemical parameters, volatile compounds, and microbial communities. Aging was found to aid in the s ...
- Fu, Zhilei, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2019
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Wickerhamomyces anomalus; coculture; ethyl acetate; fermentation; flavor; flavor compounds; odors; phenylethyl alcohol; yeasts
- ... The style and quality of Baijiu is greatly influenced by ethyl acetate. Therefore, improving and controlling the ethyl acetate levels in Baijiu is important. This study investigated ethyl acetate production using a co-culture of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y3401 and Wickerhamomyces anomalus Y3604. More ethyl acetate was produced in mixed fermentations using both yeasts than in single fermentations. T ...