Jump to Main Content
- Furthner, Etienne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Theriogenology 2018 v.119 pp. 69-75
- Felidae; animal injuries; biopsy; cats; colon; histology; histopathology; inflammation; mucosa; prospective studies; semen; spinal cord
- ... Transrectal electrostimulation is a technique used for semen collection in several animals including felids, but also in humans with spinal cord injuries and in specific cases of anejaculation. To the authors’ knowledge, safety and innocuity on rectal mucosa has not yet been assessed histologically. A prospective study was performed on 10 European cats in order to determine the impact of electroej ...
- Furthner, Etienne, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2018 v.53 Suppl S3 pp. 85-95
- Great Dane; bitches; cesarean section; dystocia; estrus; mortality; ovulation; pregnancy; premature birth; progeny; progesterone; puppies; pups; retrospective studies; ultrasonography; viability; whelping
- ... Since most of dystocia end up in caesarean sections (C‐sections), the history of any problem during whelping is a good reason to plan in advance a further C‐section. Our aim was to confirm that on a large sample and over an extended period of time, mortality in puppies <2 weeks of age was low, born after a planned C‐section using aglepristone as a primer. Seventy‐four C‐sections on 59 different bi ...