Jump to Main Content
- Génin, Fabien, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- African zoology 2016 v.51 no.3 pp. 135-143
- Galago; edge effects; fauna; forests; monkeys; sand; savannas; woodlands; South Africa
- ... The primate fauna of South Africa has historically been viewed as comprising three diurnal cercopithecoid taxa – chacma baboons (Papio ursinus), vervet (Chlorocebus pygerythrus) and samango monkeys (Cercopithecus albogularis) – and two nocturnal lorisoid species – the thick-tailed greater galago (Otolemur crassicaudatus) and the southern lesser galago (Galago moholi). Here we report the positive i ...
- Génin, Fabien, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2014 v.41 no.10 pp. 1833-1847
- Cheirogaleidae; Lemuridae; body size; diet; dwarfing; fecundity; habitats; life history; models; ontogeny; phylogeny; plant exudates; pregnancy; regression analysis; resting periods; Madagascar
- ... AIM: Small body size in Madagascar's dwarf and mouse lemurs (Cheirogaleidae) is generally viewed as primitive. We investigated the evolution of body size in this family and in its sister‐taxon, the Lepilemuridae, from phylogenetic, ontogenetic and adaptive perspectives. LOCATION: Madagascar. METHODS: We used a phylogenetic method to reconstruct the evolution of body size in lemurs, and allometric ...