Jump to Main Content
- García-Chávez, Juan Héctor, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta oecologica 2018 v.86 pp. 57-65
- Pogonomyrmex barbatus; buried seeds; foraging; granivores; harvester ants; harvesting; mathematical theory; nurse plants; seed predation; semiarid zones; soil; trees; Mexico
- ... Granivory is an important interaction in the arid and semi-arid zones of the world, since seeds form an abundant and nutritious resource in these areas. While species of the genus Pogonomyrmex have been studied in detail as seed predators, their impact on seed abundance in the soil has not yet been explored in sufficient depth. We studied the impact of the harvesting activities of the ant Pogonomy ...
- García‐Chávez, Juan Hector, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Entomological science 2017 v.20 no.1 pp. 168-176
- Corydalus; aggression; allometry; antennae; females; insect behavior; insects; male genitalia; males; sexual behavior; sexual dimorphism; social environment; teeth
- ... Male–male competition is strongly affected by female presence. In insects with primitive features such as megalopterans, however, it is not known how aggressiveness is expressed in the context of female presence. Here we examined the effect of social environments on the use of secondary sexual traits in the sexual behavior of the Mexican dobsonfly Corydalus bidenticulatus (Megaloptera: Corydalidae ...
- GARCÍA-CHÁVEZ, JUAN HÉCTOR, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Zootaxa 2014 v.3780 no.3 pp. 567-576
- Anastrepha; Euphorbia; new species; rearing; Mexico
- ... Anastrepha tehuacana, a new species of Tephritidae (Diptera) from Tehuacán, Puebla, Mexico reared from seeds of Euphorbia tehuacana (Brandegee) V.W. Steinm. (Euphorbiaceae), is described and illustrated. Its probable relationship to A. relicta Hernández-Ortiz is discussed. ...