Jump to Main Content
- Gaines, Robert R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2016 v.460 pp. 62-74
- fossils; palynology; shale; China; Morocco
- ... The present study documents new palynological investigations of the Fezouata Shale from the Anti-Atlas (Morocco). Palynomorphs were extracted from samples collected from both outcrops and drill cuttings. Outcrop samples were taken near Zagora, and include some that were collected during excavation of stratigraphic horizons where exceptionally well-preserved fossils of the Fezouata Lagerstätte occu ...
- Gaines, Robert R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.14 pp. 5180-5184
- alkalinity; isotopes; microbial activity; oceans; permeability; pyrites; seawater; sediments; shale; sulfur
- ... Exceptionally preserved fossil biotas of the Burgess Shale and a handful of other similar Cambrian deposits provide rare but critical insights into the early diversification of animals. The extraordinary preservation of labile tissues in these geographically widespread but temporally restricted soft-bodied fossil assemblages has remained enigmatic since Walcott’s initial discovery in 1909. Here, w ...
- PubMed Central: