Jump to Main Content
- Galarza, Rocío Alejandra, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2019 v.71 pp. 27-34
- Leydig cells; Sertoli cells; blood glucose; cafeterias; diet; longevity; males; overweight; progeny; rats; reproductive performance; seminiferous epithelium; sexual maturity; sperm motility; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; testosterone
- ... The aims of the present work were to study the effect of maternal overweight on both the count and quality of sperm of the offspring and to assess whether this maternal condition is able to alter testicular integrity and spermatogenic process. To this end, male offspring from rats fed a standard (OSD) or cafeteria (OCD) diet were used. Body and testis weight, length, preputial separation and ano-g ...
- Galarza, Rocío Alejandra, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Toxicology 2016 v.353-354 pp. 58-69
- body weight; bone marrow cells; chromatin; enzymes; estrus; follicular development; gene overexpression; genes; histology; oocytes; ovarian follicles; oviducts; ovulation; precipitin tests; puberty; rats; toxicity
- ... In the present study, we investigated the effect of 3-methylcholanthrene (3MC) on sexual maturity and the ability of α-naphthoflavone (αNF) to prevent this action. To this end, immature rats were daily injected intraperitoneally with 3MC (0.1 or 1mg/kg) and/or αNF (80mg/kg). Body weight, vaginal opening and estrous cycle were recorded and ovaries were obtained on the day of estrus. Ovarian weight, ...