Jump to Main Content
- Galeas, Jacqueline, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Cell 2015 v.163 pp. 1237-1251
- calcium-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase; calmodulin; carcinogenesis; mutants; mutation; neoplasm cells; pancreatic neoplasms; protein kinase C
- ... K-Ras and H-Ras share identical effectors and have similar properties; however, the high degree of tumor-type specificity associated with K-Ras and H-Ras mutations suggests that they have unique roles in oncogenesis. Here, we report that oncogenic K-Ras, but not H-Ras, suppresses non-canonical Wnt/Ca2+ signaling, an effect that contributes strongly to its tumorigenic properties. K-Ras does this by ...
- Galeas, Jacqueline, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.26 pp. 7996-8001
- cell membranes; fluorescence microscopy; humans; mitogen-activated protein kinase; models; proteins; rats; sarcoma
- ... Rat sarcoma (Ras) GTPases regulate cell proliferation and survival through effector pathways including Raf-MAPK, and are the most frequently mutated genes in human cancer. Although it is well established that Ras activity requires binding to both GTP and the membrane, details of how Ras operates on the cell membrane to activate its effectors remain elusive. Efforts to target mutant Ras in human ca ...
- PubMed Central: