Jump to Main Content
- Gallo, Kirsten, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecology 2013 v.94 no.9 pp. 2030
- Bouteloua eriopoda; air temperature; atmospheric precipitation; climate change; climatic factors; drought; drought tolerance; ecosystems; grasses; grasslands; perennials; plant communities; plant response; shrubs; species diversity; summer; vegetation cover; winter; woody plants; Chihuahuan Desert
- ... We paired results from climate and vegetation monitoring at multiple sites across the Chihuahuan Desert over the last century to determine which plant species and functional types may be the most sensitive to climate change. We found that the dominant perennial grass, Bouteloua eriopoda, and species richness had non-linear responses to summer precipitation, decreasing more in dry summers than incr ...
- Gallo, Kirsten, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2011 v.172 no.1-4 pp. 643-661
- decision support systems; expert opinion; federal government; forests; models; ownership; planning; space and time; watersheds; United States
- ... Assessments of watershed condition for aquatic and riparian species often have to rely on expert opinion because of the complexity of establishing statistical relationships among the many factors involved. Such expert-based assessments can be difficult to document and apply consistently over time and space. We describe and reflect on the process of developing a computer-based decision support appl ...
- Gallo, Kirsten, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Conservation biology 2006 v.20 no.2 pp. 319
- aquatic habitat; ecosystems; ecosystem management; governmental programs and projects; forested watersheds; riparian areas; ecological restoration; fish; Salmonidae; streams; monitoring; public lands; decision support systems; trees; silvicultural practices; Northwestern United States
- ... Implemented in 1994, the Aquatic Conservation Strategy of the Northwest Forest Plan was designed to restore and maintain ecological processes for aquatic and riparian area conservation on federal lands in the western portion of the Pacific Northwest. We used decision support models to quantitatively evaluate changes in the condition of selected watersheds. In the approximately 10 years since strat ...