Jump to Main Content
- Galloway, Craig, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2018 v.166 pp. 1-9
- ammonia; carbon dioxide; carbon footprint; dairy farming; environmental impact; eutrophication; farmers; farming systems; feeds; fertilizer rates; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; milk; milk production; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; phosphorus; soil carbon; soil quality
- ... For pasture-based dairy farming to become more sustainable, the negative environmental impacts associated with milk production must be minimized. These negative impacts include eutrophication, ammonia emissions and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Two tools, a nutrient budget and a carbon footprint calculator, allow farm-level assessments of these negative impacts. In this study, a nutrient budget ...
- Galloway, Craig R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Infection and immunity 2006 v.74 no.1 pp. 682-693
- Bacillus anthracis; antibiotic resistance; bacteriophages; genes; genomics; multiple drug resistance; open reading frames; plasmids; spectinomycin; temperature; virulence
- ... Genome engineering is a powerful method for the study of bacterial virulence. With the availability of the complete genomic sequence of Bacillus anthracis, it is now possible to inactivate or delete selected genes of interest. However, many current methods for disrupting or deleting more than one gene require use of multiple antibiotic resistance determinants. In this report we used an approach th ...
- PubMed Central: