Jump to Main Content
- Gao, G. F., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Virus genes 2014 v.49 no.2 pp. 237-249
- Laridae; Orthomyxoviridae; birds; genes; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; sequence analysis; viruses; Mongolia
- ... Double reassortant H13N8 influenza A virus was isolated from gull in Mongolia. The basic virological characteristics were studied. Complete genome sequence analysis indicated the complicated evolutionary history. The PA gene belongs to classical Avian-like lineage and more likely originated from non-gull avian virus pool. Data confirm the state of extensive geographic mosaicism in AIV from gulls i ...
- Gao, G. F., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Science 2005 v.309 no.5738 pp. 1206
- migratory behavior; genome; Influenza A virus; amino acid sequences; avian influenza; waterfowl; virulence; China
- ... H5N1 avian influenza virus (AIV) has emerged as a pathogenic entity for a variety of species, including humans, in recent years. Here we report an outbreak among migratory birds on Lake Qinghaihu, China, in May and June 2005, in which more than a thousand birds were affected. Pancreatic necrosis and abnormal neurological symptoms were the major clinical features. Sequencing of the complete genomes ...