Jump to Main Content
- Garabal, J. Ignacio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International dairy journal 2019 v.90 pp. 98-103
- Lactobacillus plantarum; artisan cheese; conjugated linoleic acid; fatty acid composition; gas chromatography; isomers; lactic acid bacteria; milk; models; raw milk; Spain
- ... Among 129 lactic acid bacteria previously isolated from raw-milk starter-free cheeses manufactured in Galicia (NW Spain), two strains of Lactobacillus plantarum were definitely recognised as producers of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). Gas chromatography analysis identified cis-9, trans-11 C18:2 as the predominant CLA isomer formed in MRS broth supplemented with linoleic acid. A centrifugation-bas ...
- Garabal, J. Ignacio, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2008 v.41 no.8 pp. 1452-1458
- lactic acid bacteria; raw milk; cheeses; food composition; sensory properties; geographical variation; Lactococcus; Leuconostoc; Lactobacillus; Pediococcus; Enterococcus; species differences; strain differences; traditional foods; flavor; pasteurized milk; food processing quality; acidity; proteolysis; cheese starters; Spain