Jump to Main Content
- Garcí‐Aguirre, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2018 v.120 no.8 pp. e1800097
- crushing; experimental design; olive oil; phenolic compounds; volatile compounds
- ... Hammer mill crushing variables and malaxation time are studied through a two‐level factor factorial experimental design in order to assess the impact of these parameters and their interactions on olive oil extraction efficiency, overall quality, and minor components composition. Extraction efficiency is mainly affected by the interaction between hammer mill grid size and malaxation time; higher yi ...
- Garcí-Aguirre, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 362-368
- chemical composition; crushers; crushing; extra-virgin olive oil; secoiridoids; sensory evaluation; triterpenoids; volatile compounds
- ... Crushing is a key step during olive oil extraction. Among commercial crushers, the hammer mill is the most widely used due to its robustness and high throughput. In the present work, the impact of hammer mill rotor speed on extraction yield and overall quality of super-high-density Arbosana olive oils were assessed in an industrial facility. Our results show that increasing the rotor speed from 24 ...