Jump to Main Content
- García, C. F., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2015 v.187 no.3 pp. 65
- Palaemonetes; acute toxicity; adults; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biomarkers; catalase; cholinesterase; fenitrothion; freshwater; glutathione transferase; hemolymph; hepatopancreas; lethal concentration 50; lipid peroxidation; muscles; shrimp; superoxide dismutase; water pollution
- ... The effect of the organophosphate fenitrothion (FS) on the non-target freshwater prawn Palaemonetes argentinus was studied. Initially, the 96-h lethal concentration (LC₅₀) of FS was determined in adult prawns. Inhibition of cholinesterase (ChE) in the muscle and hemolymph was assessed. Then, in the hepatopancreas, the activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), and glutathione-S-tran ...
- Garcia, C. F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lipids 2009 v.44 no.4 pp. 337-344
- Macrobrachium; hepatopancreas; mitochondria; glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase; enzyme activity; triacylglycerols
- ... Mammals express four isoforms of glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase (GPAT). The mitochondrial isoform GPAT1 may have been the acyltransferase that appeared first in evolution. The hepatopancreas of the crustacean Macrobrachium borellii has a high capacity for triacylglycerol (TAG) biosynthesis and storage. In order to understand the mechanism of glycerolipid biosynthesis in M. borellii, we inves ...
- PubMed Central: