Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: silva?
- García, Silvia I, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.2 pp. 547-555
- analytical methods; arsenic; biosorption; chitosan; detection limit; groundwater; groundwater contamination; mathematical models; molecular weight; molybdenum; nitrates; phosphates; salinity; statistical analysis; Argentina
- ... BACKGROUND: Arsenic (As) is a serious water pollution problem in the world. In Argentina, it is related to old volcanic activities; for example, the western region of Santa Fe State has concentrations higher than 0.1 mgAs L⁻¹. In this work, a green, sensitive method was used to determine As concentration, and its removal using chitosan in bed columns was studied. Mathematical models were used to e ...
- García, Silvia I., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.180 pp. 55-62
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; anions; chitosan; groundwater; heavy metals; metal ions; models; molybdates; pH; remediation; scanning electron microscopy; water pollution
- ... Water pollution by heavy metals represents a serious problem around the world. Among various treatment techniques for water remediation, adsorption is an effective and versatile method due to the low cost, effectiveness and simplicity. Chitosan is a cationic polysaccharide with an excellent adsorption capacity of heavy metal ions. Chitosan has a high molybdate adsorption capacity (265±1mgg−1) at 2 ...
- Garcia, Silvia I., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Obesity 2009 v.17 no.5 pp. 1032-1039
- obesity; mothers; pregnancy; body mass index; neonates; infants; promoter regions; DNA methylation; genes; fetal development; fetus; gestational age; small for gestational age; transcription factors