Jump to Main Content
- Garduño, Julieta, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2014 v.445 pp. 250-254
- G-protein coupled receptors; calcium; kinetics; models; neurons; neurotransmitters; norepinephrine; protein-protein interactions; rats; signal transduction
- ... Several neurotransmitters and hormones acting through G protein-coupled receptors elicit a voltage-dependent regulation of CaV2.2 channels, having profound effects on cell function and the organism. It has been hypothesized that protein–protein interactions define specificity in signal transduction. Yet it is unknown how the molecular interactions in an intracellular signaling cascade determine th ...
- Garduño, Julieta, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of comparative physiology 2011 v.197 no.9 pp. 923-938
- Caenorhabditis elegans; Drosophila melanogaster; Procambarus clarkii; adipokinetic hormone; bioinformatics; crayfish; fluorescent antibody technique; gamma-aminobutyric acid; glutamic acid; messenger RNA; neurohormones; neurons; neuropeptides; neurosecretory system; red pigment-concentrating hormone; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- ... In crustaceans, the X-organ-sinus gland (XO-SG) neurosecretory system is formed of distinct populations of neurons that produce two families of neuropeptides: crustacean hyperglycemic hormone and adipokinetic hormone/red pigment-concentrating hormone. On the basis of electrophysiological evidence, it has been proposed that γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) regulates both electrical and secretory activity ...