Jump to Main Content
- Garg, Sourav, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of fruit science 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 29-44
- Syzygium cumini; anthocyanins; antioxidants; apples; ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; blackberries; fruits; gallic acid; gels; hydroxymethylfurfural; jams; kiwifruit; lactic acid; physicochemical properties; pulp; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; tannins; tartaric acid; texture
- ... Jamun (Syzygium cumini) is a tropical, underutilized fruit which is highly perishable in nature. It is a good source of vitamin C, tannins, gallic acid and anthocyanins and its beneficial effects are mostly due to the presence of bioactive compounds (pigments and phenolic compounds) in it. Due to astringent and fibrous nature, preparation of jam from jamun pulp is quite difficult, but other fruits ...
- Garg, Sourav, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2019 v.56 no.4 pp. 1877-1889
- Syzygium cumini; centrifugation; clarification (processing); food storage; fruit juices; microfiltration; molds (fungi); porosity; shelf life; storage time; ultrafiltration; yeasts
- ... Ultrafiltration is one of the types of clarification process that was undertaken in this study together with examining and comparing the storage period of clarified juice by other methods (enzymatically treated, centrifugation, microfiltration). Centrifugation, ultrafiltration and microfiltration of jamun juice was carried out using a laboratory scale refrigerated centrifuge and filtration system. ...
- PubMed Central: