Jump to Main Content
- Garza-Gonzalez, Maria T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.221 pp. 219-225
- Geobacter sulfurreducens; alginates; barium; biotransformation; p-nitrophenol; pH
- ... Geobacter sulfurreducens and anthraquinone-2-sulfonate (AQS) were used suspended and immobilized in barium alginate during the biotransformation of 4-nitrophenol (4-NP). The assays were conducted at different concentrations of 4-NP (50–400 mg/L) and AQS, either in suspended (0–400 μM) or immobilized form (0 or 760 μM), and under different pH values (5–9). G. sulfurreducens showed low capacity to r ...
- Garza-González, María T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental technology 2014 v.35 no.9 pp. 1077-1090
- Agave tequilana; Medicago sativa; Zea mays; activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; agricultural wastes; alfalfa; ambient temperature; aqueous solutions; bagasse; batch systems; biosorbents; biosorption; corn; environmental technology; ethanol; hydrochloric acid; methylene blue; models; municipal solid waste; pericarp; scanning electron microscopy; sodium hydroxide; sorption isotherms
- ... The presence of dyes in effluent is a matter of concern due to their toxicologic and aesthetical effects. In this research, locally available agro-industrial wastes (Zea mays pericarp, ZMP; Agave tequilana bagasse, ATB; and Medicago sativa waste, MSW) were used as alternative low-cost adsorbents for the removal of methylene blue (MB) from aqueous solutions. The adsorbents were characterized physic ...