Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Gay, Marie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology 2020 v.147 no.7 pp. 731-739
- Dermanyssus gallinae; aggregation pheromones; alarm pheromones; biological control; blood; ectoparasites; eggs; essential oils; farms; kairomones; laying hens; mite control; mites; nests; pesticides; physical control; plant extracts; poultry housing; sex pheromones; vaccines; volatile organic compounds; Europe
- ... Dermanyssus gallinae (De Geer 1778), commonly named the poultry red mite (PRM), is considered to be the most harmful ectoparasite in poultry farms in Europe. This species feeds on the blood of laying hens, but spends most of its time hidden in cracks and crevices around hen nests. To control PRM populations in poultry houses, chemical pesticides are currently used; however, concern is growing rega ...
- Gay, Marie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 2019 v.167 no.9 pp. 826-834
- Lavandula angustifolia subsp. angustifolia; Lavandula latifolia; Tribolium confusum; aggregation pheromones; dose response; essential oil crops; essential oils; insect pests; linalool; oils; olfactometers; pest management; storage pests; toxicity; volatile compounds
- ... Essential oils of aromatic plants and their individual volatile components have been tested in pest management strategies for their toxic and often repellent effects on target insects. When evaluating their possible effects on crucial behaviours of the pest insects, the olfactory environment including intraspecific communication cues has to be considered. We used the flour beetle Tribolium confusu ...