Jump to Main Content
- Ge, Gai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Medical mycology case reports 2019 v.24 pp. 69-71
- Candida parapsilosis; DNA; Rhodotorula rubra; case studies; drugs; fungi; hosts; itraconazole; ketoconazole; pathogens; patients; topical application; young adults
- ... Candida parapsilosis (C. parapsilosis) and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa (R. mucilaginosa) have emerged as a potential pathogen in immunosuppressed hosts; they rarely induce onychomycosis in immunocompetent hosts without assistance from other pathogens. Here we present onychomycosis induced by two strains on different toenails in an immunocompetent young adult. The patient presented with onychomycosis ...
- Ge, Gai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Medical mycology case reports 2019 v.24 pp. 48-50
- Candida parapsilosis; DNA; adults; candidiasis; case studies; discoloration; immunocompromised population; itraconazole; pathogens; patients
- ... Candida parapsilosis (C. parapsilosis) has become a common pathogen, especially in immunocompromised hosts. Here, we present an immunocompetent adult with greenish-black discoloration of the right first finger nail in combination with recurrent onycholysis. C. parapsilosis was isolated from the right first finger nail and was confirmed by morphological characteristics as well as by DNA molecular a ...