Jump to Main Content
- George, Jan-Peter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.660 pp. 631-643
- Abies alba; Larix decidua; Picea abies; Pseudotsuga menziesii; climate; climate change; conifers; drought; forest growth; forest management; forests; latewood; provenance; seasonal variation; trees; wood density
- ... Consequences of climate change will severely affect forest ecosystems in the near future, yet our understanding of how and why trees are responding to their abiotic environment is still limited. Intra-specific variation (ITV) in the growth response of trees to warming and drought has been widely neglected so far, but could play a key role for adapting forests to future climate conditions. We analy ...
- George, Jan-Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2015 v.214-215 pp. 430-443
- Abies alba; X-radiation; atmospheric precipitation; carbon sequestration; climate change; densitometry; drought; forest management; forests; genetic variation; growing season; growth traits; latewood; planting; provenance; tree mortality; trees; wood density; Austria
- ... Understanding drought sensitivity of tree species and its intra-specific variation is required to estimate the effects of climate change on forest productivity, carbon sequestration and tree mortality as well as to develop adaptive forest management measures. Here, we studied the variation of drought reaction of six European Abies species and ten provenances of Abies alba planted in the drought pr ...
- PubMed Central: