Jump to Main Content
- Gharat, Krushna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Photosynthesis research 2019 v.139 no.1-3 pp. 553-567
- ascorbate peroxidase; biomass production; chlorophyll; fluorescence; glucose; light intensity; malondialdehyde; microalgae; photochemistry; photoinhibition; photons
- ... This study is the first to explore the influence of incident light intensity on the photosynthetic responses under mixotrophic growth of microalga Asteracys sp. When grown mixotrophically, there was an enhanced regulation of non-photochemical quenching (NPQ) of the excited state of chlorophyll (Chl) a within the cells in response to white cool fluorescent high light (HL; 600 µmol photons m⁻² s⁻¹). ...
- Gharat, Krushna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology reports 2018 v.4 pp. 193-201
- Nannochloropsis; biomass production; carbon; drugs; eicosapentaenoic acid; fatty acid composition; functional foods; industrial effluents; lipid content; microalgae; molasses; nitrogen
- ... Marine microalgae are emerging as a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids and other commercially important nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals. In this work, batch and fed batch modes were assessed to improve the performance of Nannochloropsis oculata as an eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) producer. Fed batch strategies devised in this study involve simultaneous C and nitrogen (N) supplementation result ...